May 3, 2011

can i get a volunteer?



OK, so, I know that only a few of these are actually volunteers,
but I just love their attitude....
that volunteer spirit...
that willingness to show up 
year after year,
bursting from the ground,
bigger and brighter than ever before,
asking for nothing in return.

It's like they just can't wait another minute,
and everyday, there is a new surprise 
right outside my back door.


It won't be much longer until the hydrangeas
bloom into delicate snowballs.

I love that the Irises take turns by color.

Sage, that I planted last year, is covered 
in sweet purple blooms,
and the bees can't get enough.

The thyme is covered in tiny white flowers.

Dill...

and cilantro...

and sunflowers 
are popping up everywhere!

And, I just love watching these delightful little pears 
grow all Spring and Summer!

4 comments:

  1. so those are called volunteer roses? are they prone to disease?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last 2 years I've let the dill, cilantro, and sunflowers go to seed before I cut them back, and Mom says that the new ones that come up all over from those seeds are called volunteers. I don't know what kind of roses these are, but I haven't had any problems with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!! I cant wait to get some things growing around here..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gina! I wish you would give me a few pointers on how to take really good pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...