July 19, 2011

endless mountains quiltworks


I just love a good quilt shop...
and, this one, my friends, is fabulous!


the best selection of fabric I've ever seen in a quilt shop...
several beautiful quilts on display...
the sweetest, most helpful ladies working there...
more classes, events, and groups than I can count...
a wonderful online newsletter...
and a toy basket!


In the past,
I've gotten some nasty, stink-eye looks
upon walking into a fabric store with these 2 clowns...

Don't get me wrong,
I am not in denial 
about the fact that they are 
sticky about 93% of the time...
(there is a 3 - 7 minute window after bath time
that I consider them relatively clean).

But, I would never take them into a fabric store
looking like this...

or this...

or this...

And, I don't let them run around like 
crazy, heathen tazmanian devils.

In fact,
I'm so used to having to make a mad dash...
(I'm talking 5 minutes, tops)
that, I was on my fourth lap
sprinting around the store when I realized...

I could slow down and actually look.

Because there he was, 
still playing quietly by the clearance shelf...
(For some reason, 
he even whispered the whole time we were in there.)

They didn't mind
that I took a picture
of absolutely everything in the shop...

beautiful keystone quilt


sassy, little, twirly skirt
and yo-yo decorated crocs

colorfully coordinated bean bags

vintage inspired fabric

baskets of fabric bundles

Here's what I came away with on my first visit...

I had been wanting a keystone template, 
and I'm so glad I found one in Pennsylvania
as it just so happens to be the 
Keystone State.

So, if you're ever passing through Tunkhannock, PA, 
and you find yourself in need of some really great fabrics, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...