July 30, 2011

it's a birthday



It's that time of year...
I knew we had a couple of birthdays coming up,
so I dug out the old checkerboard cake pans
and went to work.


I love these cakes...
I think I was in high school when I made my first one...
so, it was really just a few years ago...


I went with...
pink (strawberry)
and
 blue (blue dye #1)

And, I'll be the first to admit
that I'm no cake decorator.
But, I like cake...
I like playing with icing...
and, sometimes, when I'm cooking...
I pretend like I'm Martha Stewart.


He was the only one not worried
about his hair catching on fire.

He didn't want to cut his cake.
His exact words...
"Just leave it like this!"

And, I'm pretty sure he
would have eaten the entire cake
if we let him.


We didn't have to tell her twice...




Could she be any sweeter?






linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...